We're hiring! We're looking for an Estimator to join our growing company...
Cashman Interior Services Ltd are specialists in delivering interior fit out and refurbishment projects in the commercial and industrial sectors. We are currently recruiting for an experienced interior fit out estimator. The estimator should have a minimum of 2-3 years' fit out experience within the commercial sector and a consistent employment history. This is an immediate position.
To be considered for this role, it is preferred that you come from a sub-contractor or main contractor background and/or have worked within commercial interiors, re-fits, refurbishments or similar sectors.
Summary of the Role:
The estimator will be responsible for compiling quotations / tenders for products and services and create budgets accordingly. The job involves assessing the materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
Key elements of a successful estimator role include initial planning and programming, detailed information and specification and on-going cost, quality and service control.
The estimator will be concerned with offering the best price to win the contract in a competitive situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
- Pre-tender duties and accurate pricing of multiple projects and tenders
- Carry out detailed, accurate call-offs from either drawings, sales enquiries or tender specifications
- Project cost forecasting from bill of quantities, specifications, schedules and drawings
- Formulate quotations and complete tender documentation promptly
- Respond to and liaise with clients
- Maintain budget and cost control
Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to
- negotiate the most competitive prices
- assisting the project manager to ensure project delivery on time and within budget
- Liaise with other departments throughout the duration of the project
- Carry out any general admin & filing as required
- Assist with O & M manual compilation
- A combination of site experience, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- Maths and IT skills are important, as are a strong problem-solving ability and keen attention to detail.
- You'll also need to be able to communicate well, verbally and in writing
- The ability to effectively manage projects and sometimes multiple projects.
- Auto CAD experience preferred but not essential.
- Organisational and presentational skills
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- An appreciation of data and client confidentiality
- An awareness of price trends and industry regulations
- The ability to liaise with clients and provide the highest level of client service
The right person for this role needs to be able to lead from the
front, be proactive and push the department forward. You need to be positive,
ambitious and willing to help the Company continue on its steady growth. In
addition, the ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and from time
to time manage multiple projects.
£ neg (subject to experience).
You will be based principally in our office in Great Dunmow, Essex, but the job isn't always 9 to 5. The pressure and nature of fixed deadlines for tender submissions means that overtime may sometimes be required. In addition, you may need to travel to meet clients on site. You will be based within a team environment, but will also have to work independently and use your own initiative.
Please reply, with your CV to Paul Cashman at Cashman Interior Services Ltd: firstname.lastname@example.org