We are currently recruiting for a JUNIOR ESTIMATOR. You must have fit out experience within the commercial sector and a consistent employment history. This is an immediate position.
To be considered for this role, it is preferred that you come from a sub-contractor or main contractor background and/or have estimating / QS experience within commercial interiors, re-fits, refurbishments or similar sectors.
Summary of the Role:
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for compiling quotations / tenders for products and services and create budgets accordingly using our own in-house estimating system. The job involves assessing the materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
Key elements of this role include initial planning and programming, detailed information and specification and on-going cost, quality and service control.
You will be concerned with offering the best price to win the contract in a competitive situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
Junior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Pre-tender duties and accurate pricing of multiple projects and tenders
- Carry out detailed, accurate call-offs from either drawings, sales enquiries or tender specifications
- Project cost forecasting from bill of quantities, specifications, schedules and drawings
- Formulate quotations and complete tender documentation promptly
- Respond to and liaise with clients
- Maintain budget and cost control during the estimation process
Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to
- negotiate the most competitive prices
- manage deliveries
- working with project manager to ensure project delivery on time and within budget
- Liaise with other departments throughout the duration of the project
- Utilise and further develop our own in-house estimating system
- A combination of, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- Site experience and quantity surveying skills are preferred
- Maths and IT skills are important, as are a strong problem-solving ability and keen attention to detail.
- You'll also need to be able to communicate well, verbally and in writing
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of JCT contracts preferred.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- An appreciation of data and client confidentiality
- An awareness of price trends and industry regulations
- The ability to liaise with clients and provide the highest level of client service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. AutoCad experience preferred but not essential.
right person for this role needs to be able to work independently as well as
part of the team, be proactive and push the department forward. You need to be
a quick learner, positive, ambitious and willing to help the Company continue
on its steady growth. In addition, you need the ability to work to tight
deadlines, under pressure and manage multiple projects.
£ neg (subject to experience).
You will be based in our office in Great Dunmow, Essex, but the job isn't always 9 to 5. The pressure and nature of fixed deadlines for tender submissions means that overtime may sometimes be required. In addition, you may need to travel to meet clients on site. You will be based within a team environment, but will also have to work independently and use your own initiative.